Hi, I’m Jim Watkins: author, speaker, threat to society . . . and extremely grateful person. Welcome to our give thanks issue!
• Halloween issue (10.01.16)
• Music issue: 2 (09.18.16)
• Conspiracy issue (09.12.16)
• Remembering 9/11 (09.12.16)
• [Romans] 8:28 issue (08.28.16)
• Election 2016 issue (08.28.16)
• Suck-cess issue (08.14.16)
• Waiting issue (08.07.16)
Voting options for conservative Christians
And one final plug for my roundup of five voting options November 8. You do have a choice! And if you want to write-in someone, I’m running with the Tupperware Party: “Putting a lid on government.” See my complete platform in colorful, dish-washer-safe colors. Watkins 2016
Over 60 reasons to give thanks
• Fifty praises between bed and bathroom
Today, I vowed not to ask for anything, but to simply praise God. I found fifty things for which to praise him just between the bed and bathroom:
• Top ten reasons to give thanks . . . when you think you don’t have any
10. You have a newspaper (or a mobile device”) in your hand. Thanks to Guttenberg’s press and the World Wide Web you have access to more information today than all previous generations combined.
• Thanks for nothing
Little is known of the prophet Habakkuk. except that he lived in the time when Israel was oppressed and many had been taken captive by the Babylonians. There was little reason to give thanks. But, in spite of living in captivity and facing what appears to be a famine, Habakkuk writes, “Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord!”
Thanksgiving turkey trivia
Do you enjoy playing “Jeopardy” from your LazyBoy (“I’ll take ‘Fowl Friends’ for $1,000, Alex”)? Would you like to raise the intellectual level of conversation at Thanksgiving dinner above that of the cranberry sauce? Enjoy my highly educational special report on Melgris Gallopavos. [Continue reading]
Cartoon of the month
And follow my race for the White House at Watkins for President 2016. The Tupperware Party: “Putting a lid on government.”
And for a collection of the best—and a few of the worst—cartoons: I Have a Meme. Two hundred cartoons includes work by “Evil Jim.”
Top ten sites from October
I have in my right hand, direct from my home office in Corn Borer, Indiana, today’s category: Top ten posts from October 2016 (Numbers in parentheses are previous month’s ranking.)
10. (9) Cure for the common cold? Sex!
9. (7) “What must I do to inherit eternal life?’
8. (12) From bad to worse to . . . astonishing
7. (6) Does DNA disprove evolution?
6. (4) Children who marry their parents: the psychology of courtship
5. (5) God is never late—but he sure is slow
4. (3) What was Paul thinking when he wrote 1 Timothy 2:12?
3. (N) Voting options for conservative Christians
2. (2) Were U.S. founding fathers Christian?
1. (1) It Is Well with My Soul: the rest of the stories
This month’s podcast, etc.
I’m a mess. You’re a mess. Here’s some encouragement if you’re feeling like a big, slobbering mess! Listen to the brand new podcast (3:26 minutes).
All writing copyright © James N. Watkins and is protected by United States and international law. For permission to print or repost, please visit my press page.
If you enjoyed this issue of Hope & Humor, please share on your social networks. Thanks!