Lent, not to be confused with the stuff in the dryer filter, is a time of spiritual preparation for Easter. It includes the 40 days (not including Sundays) leading up to the celebration of Christ’s resurrection. So, here’s some hope and humor for Christian “preppers.”
Forty days of hope and humor
• Top ten things I’m giving up for Lent (4. Golf pants)
• Forty days of imitating Christ Devotions from one of my latest books: The Imitation of Christ
• Easter cartoons
• Easter eggs-pose’
• Easter quips and quotations
• Chocolate bunnies are good for you!
Looking for Jesus
• Genuine Jesus or Counterfeit Christ
• The Easter story in chronological order
• Knowing who we are One of Christ’s last acts revealed who he was
• They just don’t make crosses like they used to
He is risen!
• “It is finished!” was announced before Christ’s resurrection
• When “It’s Friday, But Sunday’s Comin'” just isn’t enough
The passion of the pastorate
Lent can be a stressful time for pastors. Not only are they prepping for meaningful services for Holy Week and Easter Sunday, but it’s also the time of with possible pastoral votes and perhaps searching for new positions afterward. Here is some hope and humor I’ve written for clergy magazines.
• Top ten list: When you’re voted out
• Wounded shepherds: When is it time to leave the flock?
• Considering a post-clergy career?
• Encouragement from the Book of Joe from my contribution to the book, Pause for Pastors
Previous issues, legal stuff . . .
• Evil Jim at the Oscars (02.26.17)
• Sexual identity issue (02.15.17)
• Love, marriage, sex issue (02.1.17)
• Inaugural issue (01.15.17)
• Lives matter issue (01.8.17)
• New Year, new you issue (01.1.17)
• Mental health issue (12.28.16)
Plus, you can also access over 300 posts—more encouragement and entertainment than you can shake a memory stick at—on death, faith, health, heavy topics, holidays, hope, humor, life hacks, love, parents, sex, spiritual issues and writing resources. But wait, there’s more: free stuff. Enjoy!
All writing copyright © James N. Watkins and is protected by United States and international law. For permission to print or repost, please visit my press page.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it on your social networks. Thanks!