You may live in Corn, Borer . . .
If have in my right hand, direct from my home office in Corn Borer, Indiana, tonight’s category: Top ten signs you may live in Corn Borer, Indiana
10. . . . the fall fashion colors are orange and camo.
9. . . . the highest elevation in town is the Hungry Hoosier’s speed bump.
8. . . . you’ve ever gotten stuck in traffic . . . behind a combine.
7. . . . the tallest building in town is the grain elevator.
6. . . . you buy your antibiotics at Farm and Fleet.
5. . . . you use tractor tires to edge your flower beds.
4. . . . the convenience store sells live bait.
3. . . . the social center of town is the Cracker Township Volunteer Fire Department building.
2. . . . standard equipment on a pickup truck is a gun rack.
1. . . . there are horses and buggies in front of the Walmart.
I love living in a small town with good, honest folks. They’re like family: I can make fun of them, but you can’t!
Copyright © 2013 James N. Watkins
• God spent day of rest in Corn Borer, Indiana