Fifty praises between bed and bathroom
I vowed not to ask for anything, but to simply praise God during the day. I found fifty things for which to praise Him just between the bed and bathroom:
1. God's protection, providence
2. His love and grace
3. I slept straight through the night
4. No horrible nightmares resulting from real-life trauma
5. I don't work the night shift
6. My CPAP (Constant Positive Air Pressure) machine was a gift
7. I woke up refreshed
8. I can hear the cell phone alarm
9. Cell phones
11. Birds singing
12. I can see the cell phone
13. I can click "snooze"
14. I have two working hands and arms
15. I can get out of bed on my own
16. Or, I can pull up the covers and roll over
17. I'm not in pain
18. Clean air
19. I'm waking up in a water bed with flannel sheets
20. I'm waking up in a warm, dry house with central air
21. The house isn't in foreclosure
22. I'm waking up in a free country
23. I'm not waking up in a war-torn country
24. I'm not waking up in prison
25. I'm not waking up in a hospital
26. I'm not waking up in a nursing home
27. I can walk unassisted: no crutches, walkers, braces or casts
[Walking past closet]
28. Clothes in the closet—and on the floor
29. Walking on wall-to-wall carpeting rather than dirt
30. Sense of touch: toes on carpeting
[Walking past photos of kids and grandkids]
31. Loving family
32. Loving, faithful Christian wife
33. Both kids are gainfully employed
34. Both kids are strong Christians
36. All five grandchildren are "normal" and healthy
37. Picture of daughter at seven with mischievous grin always makes me smile
[Bathroom across from home office]
38. Being able to work from home since 1982
39. Hundreds of advantages of being self-employed such as being there for wife, kids and grandkids in good and bad times
40. Computers: I wouldn't be a writer if I had to do all that re-typing!
41. Laptop and desk
42. The Internet, email, Facebook
43. Meaningful online ministry
44. Meaningful worktoday
45, Remembering where the bathroom is. No Alzheimer'syet.
46. The house has indoor plumbing
47. My "plumbing" is working fine, I'm cancer free!
48. I can read
49. Freedom of the press
50. Toilet paper
You may not have the same fifty, but I bet you could come up with your own list.
© Copyright 2012 James N. Watkins
Sound off, share, support
Email your comments to email@example.com.
If "Hope & Humor" was helpful, please . . .
And if "Hope & Humor" was really helpful, please . . .
Legal stuff and dire warnings
Copyright © James N. Watkins. All text and graphics on my sites, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted © in my name and are protected by United States copyright law and international copyright law under the Berne Convention. Please visit the press room for information on reprinting any text or graphics. Thanks!
Warnings: Reader assumes full responsibility for the proper and prescribed use of this site. For external use only. Discontinue if rash, redness, irritation, or swelling develops. May contain nuts. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Side-effects may include drowsiness or mild to severe agitation. Do not read while consuming alcohol or operating heavy machinery. Appoint a designated reader if intoxicated. Keep away from open flame. Do not store above 451 degrees. Do not use near or place in water. Void where prohibited by law, taxed or licensed. Any medical information provided is for general educational use only and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. Some material may not be suitable for young children. Parental discretion advised. Views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any other personreal or fictitious, living or deadusing the name James Watkins.