Just for moms
Here are my favorite columns and cartoons for these amazing people called “Mom.” Have a great day!
• Faith of Our Mothers A modern twist on an old tune
• My daughter is one tough mother
She had to be with me as her dad. Happy Mother’s Day, Faith!
• Top ten things my mom taught me
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!
For moms, dads, grands
• Cartoons on parenthood
• The papoose-driven life
Lessons learned from a four-month-old grandaughter
• Son of a saint!
When godly parents have not-so-godly children
• “Spray paint” parenting
The secret is thin coats of moral and ethical lessons
• Talking to your kids about s-e-x
Children will learn about sex—from us or the bus!
• Talking to children about war, terrorism, school violence . . .
It’s a frightening time to be a child—and a parent
• You may be a parent if . . .
. . . you’ve ever uttered one or more of these classic lines
Happy Mother’s Day, Lois, Faith and Amy! Thanks for the wonderful kids and grandkiddos!
Report on race wins award
This just in. My feature article Race relations by the numbers won second place for reporting from The Evangelical Press Association‘s 2107 Higher Goals Awards. The piece was originally published in Rescue magazine May 2016. It is an important article, if I may say myself!
Latest issues, legal stuff . . .
HopeAndHumor.org Humor features over 350 articles, book excerpts, cartoons and videos on everything from sects to sex. Here are the latest packages of topics. (Use the search box at the top right to explore the archives.}
• Happy Star Wars Day (05.04.17)
• Happy May Day (05.01.17)
• Administrative professionals issue (04.26.17)
• Money, money, money issue (04.17.17)
• 20th anniversary issue (04.01.17)
• Easter issue (03.01.17)
• The Oscars issue with “Evil Jim” (02.26.17)
• Sexual identity issue (02.15.17)
• Love, marriage, sex issue (02.01.17)
Plus, you can also access over 300 posts—more encouragement and entertainment than you can shake a memory stick at—on death, faith, health, heavy topics, holidays, hope, humor, life hacks, love, parents, pastoral resources, sex, spiritual issues and writing resources. But wait, there’s more: free stuff. Enjoy!
All writing copyright © James N. Watkins and is protected by United States and international law. For permission to print or repost, please visit my press page.
Top photo from healthyblackwoman.com
Second pic: “Papaw” with two of his five adorable grands, Father’s Day 2008
If you enjoyed this week’s issue, please share on your social networks. Thanks!