I pride myself in having a new post every Monday morning. (It posts at 12 am for my friends to the east.)
This week I’ve been battling severe depression. It may be that a mega-church pastor committed suicide. I didn’t see grandkids last week. (We made up for it with a swim party yesterday!) I got a royalty check for $13.75. I was working on my small group, Intimacy with Christ: Beyond Information and Involvement, which launches tomorrow. (The enemy is not at all happy with it!) Saturday was particularly bad, but then at 6 pm I remembered I had taken my two meds for it.
That’s probably too much information, but I wanted to explain the delay and let you know if you’re having a rough Monday, you’re not alone. So, here are some of my favorite links in dealing with downtimes:
• Are you listening to Goliath or God?
• Feeling inadequate, ill-equipped, in the dark?
• Fifty praises between bed and bathroom
• Finding still waters in the storm: The Book of Joe
• From bad to worse to . . . astonishing
• “I’m a mess. You’re a mess.”
• My life as a human tether ball
• You may be depressed if . . .