Shock. Disbelief. Horror. Anger. Grief. These are just a few of the emotions overwhelming the French people following the coordinated terrorist attacks in Paris.
I was at the McDonald’s “PlayLand” as the news unfolded on the giant TV above the area. I was holding my giggling granddaughter’s hands as she “walked” up me and back-flipped onto the floor as her older brothers ran among the equipment with uninhibited joy. At the very same time, I watched the news as immobilized victims clutched the hands of loved ones and bloodied survivors ran in horror for cover. Such joy, such sorrow. So surreal!
Here are some resources I hope will be helpful in responding to horrific attack:
• Can war on terrorism be won? (September 11, 2005)
• How can we overcome evil with good?
• We are strong! We will survive! (September 17, 2001)
• What we haven’t learned from 9/11 (September 9, 2002)
• Candle-lighting ceremony following terrorist attacks (September 11, 2001)
Photo from MorgueFile.com