Lent, not to be confused with the stuff in the dryer filter, is a time of spiritual preparation for Easter. It includes the 40 days (not including Sundays) leading up to the celebration of Christ’s resurrection. So, here’s some hope and humor for Christian “preppers.”
Forty days of hope and humor
• Top ten things I’m giving up for Lent (4. Golf pants)
• Forty days of imitating Christ Devotions from one of my latest books: The Imitation of Christ
• Easter cartoons
• Easter eggs-pose’
• Easter quips and quotations
• Chocolate bunnies are good for you!
Looking for Jesus
He is risen!
• “It is finished!” was announced before Christ’s resurrection
• When “It’s Friday, But Sunday’s Comin'” just isn’t enough
The passion of the pastorate
Lent can be a stressful time for pastors. Not only are they prepping for meaningful services for Holy Week and Easter Sunday, but it’s also the time of with possible pastoral votes and perhaps searching for new positions afterward. Here is some hope and humor I’ve written for clergy magazines.
• Top ten list: When you’re voted out
• Wounded shepherds: When is it time to leave the flock?
• Considering a post-clergy career?
• Encouragement from the Book of Joe from my contribution to the book, Pause for Pastors
If you enjoyed this post, please share it on your social networks. Thanks!