Brain imaging has revealed laughter produces natural opiates which promote a sense of euphoria and well-being!
Yep, in June 2008, Basil Hugh Hall wrote “Recent advances in imaging techniques have enabled researchers to demonstrate an increase in opioids in the brain after strenuous exercise (Boecker et al 2008), and there is no reason to dismiss the idea that a similar increase in the brain’s opioids will be found after a laughter evoking event.” (So, please do not attempt taking a drug test while reading Hope & Humor!)
But I do hope you’ll enjoy a laugh or two from my writing. I’m an author, speaker and clinically depressed soul who, by God’s grace. writes encouraging and entertaining books, articles and online posts. Isn’t that crazy? (Here’s my my official bio which is great for insomnia relief!)
I’ve been online since 1997 and have welcomed millions of visitors from virtually every country around the world. The site has grown from a few book excerpts to hundreds of posts, videos, and original music.
And if you enjoy this site, please . . .
• Recommend www.hopeandhumor.org to your family and family through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email, hot-air balloon . . . whatever.
• Link from your blog or website to mine. And if you see something especially hopeful or humorous, please share the link.
• Follow this site on RSS feed.
• Donate to support this online ministry securely through PayPal For a gift of any amount, I’ll send you an eBook of Squeezing Good Out of Bad. (Be sure to include your email address.) For a gift of $50 or more, I’ll mail you a leather-bound edition of my The Imitation of Christ: Classic Devotions in Today’s Language. Thanks for your consideration.
• Pray. Thanks for your prayers that “Hope & Humor” will provide encouragement, entertainment and legal, natural opiates!