I trust that these posts filled with hope and humor will indeed encourage and entertain you. You’ll find book excerpts, cartoons, videos and original music. Yep, more content than you can shake a memory stick at!
• Characters: Comedies and Dramas
• Communicate to Change Lives
• The Imitation of Christ: 90 Devotions in Modern English
• Jesus: His Life and Lessons
• God, I Don’t Understand: Unanswered Prayer, Unfulfilled Promises, Unpunished Evil
• If You’re Not Dead, You’re Not Done
• Intimacy with Christ
• Overcoming Fear and Worry
• Praise the Lord and Pass the Prozac with Faith A. Watkins
• The Why Files: Are there really ghosts?
• The Why Files: Is there really life after death?
• The Why Files: When can I start dating?
• Writing with Banana Peels: Principles, Practices, and Pratfalls of Writing with Humor
• Agers Anonymous: From If You’re Not Dead, You’re Not Done
• All’s not lost with Alzheimer’s
• Charles Spurgeon’s struggle with depression
• Dealing with death and grief
• For kids: Calming COVID concerns [Text and video]
• Do those who commit suicide go to heaven?
• For kids: Calming COVID-19 concerns</”>You may be depressed if . . .
• Do those who commit suicide go to heaven?
• If you’re thinking about suicide . . .
• Emotions real, but not reality
• Hi, I’m Jim. I’m clinically depressed
• Top ten ways God may be working COVID for good [Text and video]
• What would Jesus say about COVID-19? [Text and video]
• You may be depressed if . . .
• Easter (plus Lent, Holy Week)
• Father’s Day
• Independence Day
• Mother’s Day
• New Years Day
• Pentecost Sunday
• Saint Patrick’s Day
• Thanksgiving: Cartoons, Thanks for nothing
• The Twelve Sites of Christmas
• Valentine’s Day: Love, marriage, sex
• Are you listening to Goliath or God?
• Encouraging quips and quotations
• God has plan for New Year
• Hope in a hand basket
• I’m a giant killer! [Print and audio]
• “I’m a mess. You’re a mess.” [Print and podcast]
• I’m giving up fear for Lent
• “It Is Well with My Soul” The rest of the stories
• Keeping your dreams alive
• Soaring with eagles, walking with emus [Audio]
• “There is no peace on earth”
• Turn your “shaft” into a mine
The majority of my posts and book excerpts are laced with humor, but here are some that are simply silly:
• The Great Watkinso Amazing magic without camera tricks or video effects [Video]
• Hope and humor cartoons
• How the WHO stole Christmas [Text and video]
• Mr. Rogers has “Terrible day in neighborhood”
• Top ten lists
• The Twitter Bible
• Yep, I’m in tolerant [Text and video]
• Abortion: a life or a choice?
• Are you absolutely sure there are no absolutes?
• Capital punishment: serious questions
• COVID, QAnon conspiracy theories and more!
• Does DNA disprove evolution?
• The strain of polarization
• Twas the Night Before Voting
• Were the U.S. founding fathers Christian?
• When does a group become a cult?
• WWJE: Who Would Jesus Elect?
• Faith of Our Mothers
• My real job No, it’s not writing or speaking
• Son of a saint: when godly parents have not-so-godly children
• “Spray paint” parenting
• Talkng to your kids about S-E-X
• Talkng to your kids about war, terrorism, school violence
• Top ten things my dad taught me
• Top ten things my mom taught me
• Can I become a virgin again?
• “Coming Out” My sexual identity crisis
• Cure for common cold: sex
• Guy’s guide to cars . . . and sex
• The hidden habit: masturbation
• Three secrets to xxx-ceptional sex
• Becoming like little children
• Finding still waters in the storm: The Book of Joe
• From bad to worse to . . . astonishing
• God has a plan for your life
• God is never late—but he sure is slow
• Holy hardships!
• “In this world you will have trouble”
• “It is finished”?!
• It’s Sunday, but Jesus is comin’
• Living a Spirit-filled life
• Who or what is the Holy Ghost
• A case for women in ministry
• Action-figure Jesus!
• Demons: Possession or obsession?
• God as “comedy” writer
• God’s will is not lost: for those trying to find it
• Healing: Faith or fake?
• Jesus on “prosperity gospel”
• LGBTQ and B-I-B-L-E
• Martin Luther King, Jr’s ten commandments for cultural change
• Ouija: It’s not just a game
• Sharing the Old Story with New Age believers
• Should Christians celebrate Halloween?
• Speaking with truth and grace
• Top ten signs your church may be prejudiced
• Top ten verses Donald Trump may want to read
• Top ten ways to appreciate your pastor
• What does the Bible really say?
• “What must I do to inherit eternal life?
• What was Paul thinking when he wrote 1 Timothy 2:12?
• Why are some people bent out of shape by LGBTQ?
If you found Hope&Humor hopeful and humorous, please share on your social networks. Thanks!