Squeezing Good Out of Bad
James N. Watkins
Lighthouse Publishing of the Carolinas
Trade size (6×9) 112 pages
Life is filled with lemons! So here are top ten ways to squeeze the good out of those life-puckering situations. And James Watkins is a great guide since he’s felt the squeeze of cancer, unemployment, family crises and chronic nose hair. Join him on the journey with hope and humor.
• Chapter 5 on pain
• Jim’s talk that summarizes Squeezing Good Out of Bad.
Table of contents
When life gives you lemons . . .
10. Don’t confuse them with hand grenades (Identify the problem)
9. Check the delivery slip (Determine if it’s your problem)
8. Sell them on eBay (Profit from the problem)
7. Paint smiley faces on them (Laugh at the problem)
6. Join a citrus support group (Share your problem)
5. Use as an all-natural, organic astringent (Grow from the problem)
4. Don’t shoot the delivery driver (Forgive the problem-maker)
3. Call in the Master Gardener (Take the problem to a higher level)
2. Grow your own orchard (Live a fruitful life despite—or because of—the problem)
1. Give off a refreshing fragrance (Live a lemon-fresh life)
What others are saying
“A book that will make you laugh, think, and start looking at those sour places of life in a whole new way. I really enjoyed reading it.”
Martha Bolton, writer for Jeff Allen, Bob Hope, Phyllis Diller, Mark Lowry
“Jim fills each page with thirst-quenching lemon aid! His humility and insight are all the more compelling because he shares the lemons of heartache in his own life. An uplifting and encouraging read!”
Marybeth Hicks, columnist for The Washington Times
“Jim Watkins is clearly a man who knows how to laugh and how to cry . . . and when one will be more effective than the other. Discover this godly wisdom for yourself by enjoying this important book as you make sense of life.”
Heather Gemmen, author of Startling Beauty
“Fabulous! Very funny and very clever, but also full of so much wisdom.”
Rene Gutteridge, best-selling author of The Ultimate Gift and Boo
“Jim’s sense of humor always lightens my load. He’s just flat out funny. I cannot tell you how encouraging that is.”
Steve DeNeff, author of More Than Forgiveness
“Witty, insightful and downright entertaining! After reading Squeezing Good Out of Bad, you’ll have a whole new outlook on life.”
Tim Bete, author of In The Beginning . . . There Were No Diapers and director of the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop
But, wait! There’s more . . .