Here are some of my favorite songs of hope and humor along with links to corresponding posts. Enjoy and be encouraged.
And of course, no mention of musical humor would be complete without Weird Al Yankovic!
Imitation of Christ releases in 8 days!
We’re just one week and one day until the release of The Imitation of Christ: Classic Devotions in Today’s Language and I wanted to thank you for all of your support! I have felt so honored, humbled and thankful for your help!
I would so appreciate any tweets, Facebook posts, emails, or any other form of communication you might be inclined to use to help me spread the word!
The fact that Thomas à Kempis wrote this powerful book 500 years ago—and it continues to change lives today—verifies just how God has used it. I am so excited to introduce this updated version to a new generation!
Here’s how you can help:
• Share that The Imitation of Christ: Classic Devotions in Today’s Language will be available on January 12th on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram. (See last week’s post for some suggestions.)
• Send an email to your family and friends (Or simply forward my weekly email if you’re on my list. If you’re not on my list, you can sign up on the right navigation panel.)
• Share, like, or retweet posts I make on my social media outlets:
• Buy the book the week of January 12th and then post a review. (Be honest. Book sites get suspicious if all reviews are five-star and filled with hyperbole.)
• Promote the book with hot-air balloons, sky-writing, ads during the Super Bowl and whatever! (Actually, it may be more effective to buy your pastor a copy of the book and mention it would make a great discipleship tool for your church—that’s much more effective and less expensive than a Super Bowl ad!)
• Feel free to leave a comment below or send me a message on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. I’d love to hear from you.