Welcome to hope and humor! Brain imaging has revealed laughter produces natural opiates which promote a sense of euphoria and well-being! So, thanks for stopping by for some encouragement, entertainment and endorphins!
I’m James (call me “Jim”) Watkins, an author, speaker and clinically depressed soul who, by God’s grace. writes encouraging and entertaining books, articles and online posts. Isn’t that crazy? (Here’s my official bio if you’re suffering from severe insomnia.) Hope and humor offers:
While tramping around the United States in a motor home, Lois and I developed comedy/drama sketches that played well in churches, camps and conferences. Here are scripts of our favorites you are free to use on a donation basis.
I’m passionate about bringing hope and humor to my audiences—as well as teaching others to do so—through conferences and seminars across the U.S. and overseas. Enjoy a variety of topics on audio and video. I’d love to bring hope and humor to your church, conference or convenience store grand opening.
During the 70s and 80s, my wife and I traveled the United States sharing original music, which now lives on YouTube. If you were at a church, camp or conference where we sang, enjoy a blast from the past.
Olin Miller observes, “Writing is the hardest way of earning a living, with the possible exception of wrestling alligators.” I would totally agree, but it is possible. So, here’s some hope, humor and help as you wrestle those alligators.
So, thanks for stopping by. If you enjoyed this site, please . . .
• Recommend www.hopeandhumor.org to your family and family through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, email, hot-air balloon . . . whatever.
• Link from your blog or website to mine. And if you see something especially hopeful or humorous, please share the link.
• Follow this site on RSS feed.
• Donate to support this online ministry securely through PayPal For a gift of any amount, I’ll send you an eBook of Squeezing Good Out of Bad. (Be sure to include your email address.) For a gift of $50 or more, I’ll mail you a leather-bound edition of my The Imitation of Christ: Classic Devotions in Today’s Language. Thanks for your consideration.
• Pray. Thanks for your prayers that “Hope & Humor” will provide encouragement, entertainment and legal, natural opiates!