Thanks for stopping by! Here, you’ll find hundreds of my most popular hopeful, humorous and/or helpful articles and book excerpts on death, faith, health, heavy topics, holidays, hope, humor, life hacks, love, parents, sex, spiritual issues and writing resources.
Yep! There’s more content than you can shake a memory stick at! But if you still can’t find just what you need, use the search box on the right.
Hope and humor
• Characters: Comedies and Dramas
• Communicate to Change Lives
• The Imitation of Christ: 90 Devotions in Modern English
• Jesus: His Life and Lessons
• Squeezing Good Out of Bad
• Why? Questions and Wise Quotations
• The Why Files: Are there really ghosts?
• The Why Files: Is there really life after death?
• The Why Files: When can I start dating?
• Writing with Banana Peels: Principles, Practices, and Pratfalls of Writing with Humor
• Becoming like little children
• “The beginning and the end” . . . and middle
• Beyond “McPrayer”
• Can we really do “everything”?
• Does God make prank “calls”?
• Finding still waters in the storm: The Book of Joe
• From bad to worse to . . . astonishing
• God’s “Force” never sleeps
• God has a plan for your life
• God is never late—but he sure is slow
• God rejoices over you
• God spent day of rest in Corn Borer, Indiana
• Having the last laugh
• Holy hardships!
• How to decide what’s right or wrong for you
• How to move a mountain
• “I like big buts”
• “In this world you will have trouble”
• “It is finished”?!
• It’s Sunday, but Jesus is comin’
• Knowing who we are
• Living in the “gap”
• Mini miracles
• Our work in God’s work
• “Pressed . . . but not crushed
• “Quit praying and get moving!”
• Top ten things almost as good as sex
• Waiting is hard work
• When dreams die
• You can be an over-the-top victor
• You can take it with you
• Your life as a “comedy”
Health and humor
• Charles Spurgeon’s struggle with depression
• Help for suicidal thoughts
• Mood-altering hugs
• The real “female Viagra”
• You may depressed if . . .
• Weighty issues: My favorite diet columns
• Emotions real, but not reality
• Are you listening to Goliath or God?
• Christ’s career path: obscurity, popularity, animosity
• “Don’t be afraid”
• Feeling inadequate, ill-equipped, in the dark?
• Fifty praises between bed and bathroom
• Finely-aged believers
• God has plan for new year
• God is such a drama king
• Hope in a hand basket
• I’m a giant killer! [Print and audio]
• I’m giving up fear for Lent
• Is it a hangnail or hand grenade?
• “It Is Well with My Soul” The rest of the stories
• Keeping your dreams alive
• “Pressed . . . but not crushed”
• Soaring with eagles, walking with emus [Audio]
• “There is no peace on earth”
• Turn your “shaft” into a mine
The majority of my posts and book excerpts are laced with humor, but here are some that are simply silly:
• Hope and humor cartoons
• Top ten lists
• Top ten wishes for my 50th birthday
• The Twitter Bible
• Watkins’ New World Church Dictionary
• World’s wackiest battle briefing (Gideon)
• Don’t get distracted by the urgent
• Hope for a balanced life
• Sure beats a kidney stone
• Top ten things I want my kids, grandkids to remember
• Top ten things you won’t hear at commencement
• Falling in love—and getting back up
• Looking for love in all the right places
• Men and women are different!
• No hablo, estrogen! Becoming bilingual in relationships
• Breaking up without breaking down
• Faith of Our Mothers
[More coming soon]
• A case for polygamy?!
• Can I become a virgin again?
• “Coming Out” My sexual identity crisis
• Cure for common cold: sex
• Fifty Shades of Beige “Reel” sex is never as good as real sex
• Guy’s guide to cars . . . and sex
• The hidden habit: masturbation
• Three secrets to XXX-ceptional sex
• Top ten turn-ons for women
• Why are guys such boobs about breasts?
• A case for women in ministry
• Are natural disasters “acts of God”?
• “The church is a whore . . .”
• Dealing with church conflict
• Demons: Possession or obsession?
• Genuine Jesus or Counterfeit Christ?
• God hates godhatesfags.com
• God’s will is not lost: for those trying to find it
• Healing: Faith or fake?
• Jesus on “prosperity gospel”
• Martin Luther King, Jr’s ten commandments for cultural change
• Ouija: It’s not just a game
• Should Christians celebrate Halloween?
• Should Christians get caught up in “rapture”?
• Speaking with truth and grace
• Taking the Lord’s name in jest
• What does the Bible really say?
• “What must I do to inherit eternal life?
• What was Paul thinking when he wrote 1 Timothy 2:12?
• Who is supreme superhero?
• Why are some people bent out of shape by homosexual behavior?
• The world’s great sin (It’s probably not what you think)
Hope and humor for writers
Heavy topics with a light touch
I wrote a newspaper column for three papers for 15 years and addressed:
• Abortion: Is it a life or a choice?
• Ancient prophet warns of conspiracy theories
• Are Islam, Christianity “peaceful” religions?
• Are there really ghosts?
• Artificial intelligence and the image of God
• Are you absolutely sure there are no absolutes?
• Candidates need to follow “Yellow Brick Road”
• Capital punishment: serious questions
• Dealing with school shootings
• Defining words, defining morality
• Does DNA disprove evolution
• Were founding fathers Christian?
• Euthanasia and “dying with dignity”
• Hope for cultural change
• Is it 1984 in America?
• Vampires, werewolves real!
” When is war “just”?