Thanks for stopping by! You’ll find the one hundred most popular posts of hope and humor since I went online April 1997; plus book excerpts, cartoons, videos and original music. Yep, more content than you can shake a memory stick at!
• Characters: Comedies and Dramas
• Communicate to Change Lives
• The Imitation of Christ: 90 Devotions in Modern English
• Jesus: His Life and Lessons
• God, I Don’t Understand: Unanswered Prayer, Unfulfilled Promises, Unpunished Evil
• Overcoming Fear and Worry
• The Why Files: Are there really ghosts?
• The Why Files: Is there really life after death?
• The Why Files: When can I start dating?
• Writing with Banana Peels: Principles, Practices, and Pratfalls of Writing with Humor
• Agers Anonymous: From If You’re Not Dead, You’re Not Done
• All’s not lost with Alzheimer’s
• Charles Spurgeon’s struggle with depression
• Dealing with death and grief
• For kids: Calming COVID concerns [Text and video]
• Do those who commit suicide go to heaven?
• For kids: Calming COVID-19 concerns">You may be depressed if . . .
• Do those who commit suicide go to heaven?
• If you’re thinking about suicide . . .
• Emotions real, but not reality
• Hi, I’m Jim. I’m clinically depressed
• Top ten ways God may be working COVID for good [Text and video]
• What would Jesus say about COVID-19? [Text and video]
• You may be depressed if . . .
• Easter (plus Lent, Holy Week)
• Father’s Day
• Independence Day
• Mother’s Day
• New Years Day
• Pentecost Sunday
• Saint Patrick’s Day
• Thanksgiving: Cartoons, Thanks for nothing
• The Twelve Sites of Christmas
• Valentine’s Day: Love, marriage, sex
• Are you listening to Goliath or God?
• Encouraging quips and quotations
• God has plan for New Year
• Hope in a hand basket
• I’m a giant killer! [Print and audio]
• “I’m a mess. You’re a mess.” [Print and podcast]
• I’m giving up fear for Lent
• “It Is Well with My Soul” The rest of the stories
• Keeping your dreams alive
• Soaring with eagles, walking with emus [Audio]
• “There is no peace on earth”
• Turn your “shaft” into a mine
• Hope for a balanced life
• Managing your time . . . and sanity
• Sure beats a kidney stone
• Top ten things you won’t hear at commencement
The majority of my posts and book excerpts are laced with humor, but here are some that are simply silly:
• The Great Watkinso Amazing magic without camera tricks or video effects [Video]
• Hope and humor cartoons
• How the WHO stole Christmas [Text and video]
• Mr. Rogers has “Terrible day in neighborhood”
• Top ten lists
• The Twitter Bible
• Yep, I’m in tolerant [Text and video]
• Abortion: a life or a choice?
• Are you absolutely sure there are no absolutes?
• Capital punishment: serious questions
• COVID, QAnon conspiracy theories and more!
• Does DNA disprove evolution?
• The strain of polarization
• Twas the Night Before Voting
• Were the U.S. founding fathers Christian?
• When does a group become a cult?
• WWJE: Who Would Jesus Elect?
• Faith of Our Mothers
• My real job No, it’s not writing or speaking
• Son of a saint: when godly parents have not-so-godly children
• “Spray paint” parenting
• Talkng to your kids about S-E-X
• Talkng to your kids about war, terrorism, school violence
• Top ten things my dad taught me
• Top ten things my mom taught me
• Can I become a virgin again?
• “Coming Out” My sexual identity crisis
• Cure for common cold: sex
• Guy’s guide to cars . . . and sex
• The hidden habit: masturbation
• Three secrets to xxx-ceptional sex
• Becoming like little children
• Finding still waters in the storm: The Book of Joe
• From bad to worse to . . . astonishing
• God has a plan for your life
• God is never late—but he sure is slow
• Holy hardships!
• “In this world you will have trouble”
• “It is finished”?!
• It’s Sunday, but Jesus is comin’
• Living a Spirit-filled life
• Who or what is the Holy Ghost
• A case for women in ministry
• Action-figure Jesus!
• Demons: Possession or obsession?
• God as “comedy” writer
• God’s will is not lost: for those trying to find it
• Healing: Faith or fake?
• Jesus on “prosperity gospel”
• LGBTQ and B-I-B-L-E
• Martin Luther King, Jr’s ten commandments for cultural change
• Ouija: It’s not just a game
• Sharing the Old Story with New Age believers
• Should Christians celebrate Halloween?
• Speaking with truth and grace
• Top ten signs your church may be prejudiced
• Top ten verses Donald Trump may want to read
• Top ten ways to appreciate your pastor
• What does the Bible really say?
• “What must I do to inherit eternal life?
• What was Paul thinking when he wrote 1 Timothy 2:12?
• Why are some people bent out of shape by LGBTQ?
If you found Hope&Humor hopeful and humorous, please share on your social networks. Thanks!