The 12 Sites of Christmas
I may not be your “true love,” but I do have some hope and ho! ho! ho! with cartoons, videos and my favorite Christmas columns. Besides, you really don’t want livestock and leaping lords under your Christmas tree, do you?! I didn’t think so. Have a meaningful Christmas!
Site 1: Hope&Ho!Ho!Ho!
• A Visit from Jeff Bezos (video)
• A Christmas tree called “Shrek”
• How the W.H.O stole Christmas (2020 video)
• Top ten politically-correct Christmas—excuse me, holiday—songs
• Top ten signs you’ve spent too much money on Christmas presents
Site 2: Christmas shopping made easy
For young adults
• The Why Files
This series of books on sex, death and the supernatural won two national book awards for its honest answers to 2,500 teenagers questions.
• NEW Praise the Lord and Pass the Prozac (2022) Co-authored by my f(2022) avorite daughter, Faith A. Watkins, it offers prescription-strength hope, help and humor for those with mental health issues and the ones who loved them. Dr. Dawn Lagerkvist MD writes, “I loved the book! As a family medicine physician, I believe the body is all connected—it does not stop at the neck. Not acknowledging our mental well-being can have a pronounced effect in the rest of the body. For those who most need to hear them, James’ and Faith’s refreshing words are encouraging, authentic, and most of all, life-giving.
• If You’re Not Dead, You’re Not Done (2021)
Seriously, if you woke up this morning, God has a plan and purpose for your day. It’s a fun book with cartoons from renowned cartoonist Jonny Hawkins. Take a sneak peek of its ten characteristics that I believe are essential for being a satisfied, significant, and saintly senior. This book will add years to your life, and life to your years!
• Intimacy with Christ: Classic Devotions by Brother Lawrence, Francis of Assisi, Teresa of Avila, and More (2021)
The writings of Bernard of Clairvaux, Brother Lawrence, Catherine of Siena, Francis de Sales. Francis of Assisi, Ignatius of Loyola, John of the Cross, Julian of Norwich, Teresa of Avila, and my favorite, Thomas à Kempis modernized in a 60-day devotional book. It’s serves as a sequel to . . .
• The Imitation of Christ: Classic Devotions in Today’s Language
Ninety devotions from Thomas à Kempis’ best-selling books, organized by the characteristics of Christ in modern language.
• Overcoming Fear and Worry (2019)
Award-winning author, and recovering worrier, James Watkins explores the practical biblical, and behavioral principles for successfully living without worry. With his seasoned experience and signature humor, Watkins shows us that God wants us to draw on His love, peace, and power to break the worry habit.
God, I Don’t Understand: Unanswered Prayer, Unfulfilled Promises, and Unpunished Evil (2019)
“This book is for everyone who’s ever questioned God’s goodness, love, or faithfulness. With his trademark wit and wisdom, James Watkins addresses the hard questions, validates our pain, and offers a shoulder to cry on. This book shines a light on the blackest spaces of our lives and finds the hope that hides in the dark.”
Renae Brumbaugh Green, author of Morning Coffee with James.
For writers and speakers
Plus, you’ll find Communicate to Change Lives, Writers on Writing and Writing with Banana Peels (for humor writers).
But wait, there’s more! Click for 20 books! And, no searching for a parking space at the mall! You’re welcome.
Site 3: The 365 Days of Christmas
• Celebrating Christmas all year long
Site 4: Yes, Virginia, there really was a St. Nick
• Top ten reasons Santa on naughty list
• Yes, Virginia, there really was a St. Nick
Site 5: Is that your feliz answer?
• Angels don’t come from Hallmark
• Test your Christmas trivia skills
Site 6: The Christmas story
• The Christmas story in chronological order
• Mary, did we know? (What was she thinking when the angel announced the outrageous proposition?)
• The ten best—and worst—Christmas movies
Site 7: How Christmas saved a grinch
Site 8: Fruitcake for the soul
• Have yourself an introverted Christmas
Site 9: Christmas smells like ****
• Christmas smells like **** (Nope, not evergreens, fresh-baked cookies . . .)
10: Merry Christmas quotations
(Okay, this photo has nothing to do with quotations, but dogs in Santa hats always bring happy thoughts.)
Site 11: Looking for “true love”?
• No leaping lords can love you like this Lord
Site 12: Stocking stuffers
• Lamb of God: a ewe-nique perspective on Christ’s birth
• “There is no peace on earth, I said”
• Wiseman and Wife: a comedy/drama for Christmas
Okay, okay, this page has expanded like Santa’s waistline, but “The 24 Sites of Christmas” would make an already painfully-long song even longer! Have a wonderful year of Christmas!
Basket of chocolates: Great Arrivals (I need a gift registry!)
Heart ornament: WallpaperFolder
Dogs in Santa hats: Connaissance Spirituelle
Bells: The Chatham Voice
If you enjoyed The Twelve Sites of Christmas, please share on your social networks. Thanks!
One thought on “The 12 Sites of Christmas”
Terrific content here! Thank you for the gift you are to us all, Jim. May you and yours be blessed with a wonderful holiday!