Lent and Easter cartoons, devos, humor, more . . .
Lent, not to be confused with that stuff in the dryer filter, is a time of spiritual preparation for Easter. It includes the 40 days (not including Sundays) leading up to the celebration of Christ’s resurrection. So, here’s some hope and humor for Christian “preppers.”
Forty days of hope and humor
• Top ten things I’m giving up for Lent (4. Golf pants)
• When praises turn to ashes
• Forty days of imitating Christ Devotions from my 2016 book, The Imitation of Christ
• Easter cartoons
• Chocolate bunnies are good for you!
• Eggs-clusive: Easter eggs-pose’
Looking for Jesus
• Action-figure Jesus
• The Easter story in chronological order
• Jesus knew who he was, you can too
• They just don’t make crosses like they used to
He is risen!
• “It is finished!” was announced before Christ’s resurrection
• When “It’s Friday, But Sunday’s Comin'” just isn’t enough
Photo: Hannah Tasker
If you enjoyed this post, please share it on your social networks. Thanks!
7 thoughts on “Lent and Easter cartoons, devos, humor, more . . .”
Pingback: Top ten things I (Jim) am giving up for Lent | James Watkins: Hope
Thanks, Candace, for the link!
WoaҺ! I’m really digging thе template/theme of this sіte.
It’s simple, yet effectіve. A lot of times it’s harɗ to get that “perfect balance” bеtween usability and visual appeаl.
I must saу tɦat you’ve doոe a superb job with this.
Additionally, the blog loads very quick for me on Opera.
I’m enjoying reading your posts, Jim. I, too, would be back on the dark chocolate bandwagon within days (minutes 🙂 ). I love the message of trust, not fear. A great reminder. Thanks.
I remember when a lady in my Bible study said she was giving up worry for Lent. That was a light bulb moment for me. Before that, it had never occurred to me that it was possible to give up worrying. It put me on a whole new trajectory – since then God has used many of the verses you have here and many things in my life to teach me that we can – and in fact, are commanded to – give up worry and fear!
Fear is so natural we flee to it without thought!
Might we plead for His spirit in us to derail this action into an action of SUPER confidence so those around us will know we are unnatural!
Fear, to me, is the opposite of trust. Add praise to the mix and my fears go away.