Not all are created “equal,” but all should be treated with equal compassion, respect and dignity.
St. Paul wrote, “There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus” (Galatians 3:28). So, on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, here are some of my favorite columns that explore equality:
• Am I a “feminist”? Yes and no. (Gender equality is complicated!)
• James Robert Watkins: ex-slave, author, soul brother I’m proud to call this social reformer family!
• Martin Luther King Jr’s ten commandments for cultural change
• Race relations by the numbers An award-winning cover story I wrote after a summer of racial unrest and violence
• Top ten signs your church may be prejudiced
• What was St. Paul thinking when he wrote “Women must be silent”?!
• Why I support “gay rights” (Several posts on this complicated issue)
If you enjoyed this post, please share it on your social networks. Thanks!